en - RE: [sympa-users] Hierarchical lists

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Hierarchical lists
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:56:20 +0000

>> Can Sympa do hierarchical lists? I make an example:

Using include-list, combined with heirachial categories, seems to provide
this.

We make use of include-list to achieve this in similar situations -- such as
individual class contact lists and then a summary list over the top. Under
the old mailman system we had to have the lists chained, which resulted in
multiple subject tags and posting permission problems, but Sympa does it much
better.

We also tie it in with our identity management system via LDAP, so that new
employees, being joined to one LDAP group, automatically get a number of list
memberships set up. This again lets us have lists configured with one or
more LDAP groups, so essentially having people in group A implicitly in
groups B and C, and so on.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS