en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa only in English and no language selection dropdown box

  • From: Daniel Viñar Ulriksen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa only in English and no language selection dropdown box
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:37:56 -0300

Hi Amos,
¿So long? nice to meet you here.

El 14/03/14 23:31, Amos Batto escribió:
Hi, I have installed Sympa 6.1in Debian Wheezy using the standard package (apt-get install sympa). Everything seems to be working, however, no "Language selection" dropdown box appears in the left-hand sidebar in my website at: http://www.reaccionclimatica.org/wws
The web page only appears in English, despite the fact that I have set "es" (Spanish) as the default language and the Spanish MO file is installed on my server.
I remember I had the same problem... And checking my configurartion seems to strength my recollection of the solution:
When I try to configure a user in the web interface, there is a dropdown box to select the language of the user, but only "English" appears in the list of options.

In my /etc/sympa/sympa.conf file, I have:
###\\\\ Internationalization ////###

## Default lang (ca | cs | de | el | es | et_EE | en_US | fr | fi | hu | it | ja_JP | ko | nl | nb_NO | oc | pl | pt_BR | ru | sv | tr | vi | zh_CN | zh_TW)
## This is the default language used by Sympa
lang            es

## Supported languages
## This is the set of language that will be proposed to your users for the Sympa GUI. Don't select a language if you don't have the proper locale packages installed.
supported_lang  es,en,pt_BR,fr

See the help in comment before the first paramenter. I think you must put en_US and not en. I don't know why that's only for some languages, and in my config there is an error in the help of the second parameter's documentation in comment.

cheers,
daniel