en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Log Eror Message

  • From: address@concealed (Eric Schnoebelen)
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Log Eror Message
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:44:07 -0600

Graham Pearson writes:
- > *On Behalf Of *Graham Pearson
- > *Sent:* Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:06 a.m.
- > *To:* address@concealed
- > *Subject:* [sympa-users] Sympa Log Eror Message
- >
- > Hello:
- >
- > In version 6.1.17 under a fresh install of centos, I am having an
- > issue with the following error message in the log files
- >
- >
- > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
- > "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed
<mailto:address@concealed>"
- > (reason: Service unavailable)
- > (expanded from: <address@concealed>
<mailto:address@concealed>)
- >
- > ----- Transcript of session follows -----
- > smrsh: "queue" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
- > 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
- >
- >
- > At this time, I am unable to find a solution. Does anyone have
- > a place where I can look.

Your sendmail configuration is configured to use smrsh, which is
the sendmail restricted shell. It only executes commands
located within a certain subdirectory of the file system tree (I
don't know what the default is on CentOS/RHEL, sorry.)

Copy/link the queue program into that directory, and all should
work again. Alternatively, reconfigure sendmail to not use
smrsh.

--
Eric Schnoebelen address@concealed http://www.cirr.com
No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away!