en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Log Eror Message

  • From: Marcin Hoffmann <address@concealed>
  • To: Graham Pearson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Log Eror Message
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 21:38:57 +0100

Hi Graham,

From the logs you provided it seems to me that the problem is somewhere in the directories permissions. Sympa user cannot access some resource to write. Double check the ownership and permissions on all the sympa queue directories, /home/sympa/queue or spool (I cant recall at this moment) and all subdirectories. Check the executables /home/sympa/bin/*. I had many similar problems myself after installation (I started from a complete scratch and a tar installation ) and ALL of them were because of the improper permissions. Do you have problem with only this one list (directors) or all the lists?
If its not a production system I would set 777 perms on the directories in question and see if it helps - if yes then slowly and carefuly tighten the permissions :)

Are you able to process regular mails with sendmail server on this host? Just to be sure here....

Hope it helps. Im sure other people will be able to help you as well!

Regards,

Marcin Hoffmann

Hello:

In version 6.1.17 under a fresh install of centos, I am having an issue with the following error message in the log files

"| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
    (reason: Service unavailable)
    (expanded from: <address@concealed>)

smrsh: "queue" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

At this time, I am unable to find a solution. Does anyone have a place where I can look.