en - [sympa-users] list_check_smtp and creation of new lists

  • From: Chris Peck <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] list_check_smtp and creation of new lists
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 11:43:10 -0500

Our email is handled on a separate mail relay, which uses ldap to manage all
the addresses (including the list addresses). I have had this setting
defined since installing sympa years ago and it works just fine - with one
minor note - sometimes it takes a long time for our SMTP server to respond if
the address does not exist.

I have a locally written alias_manager which takes care of verifying that
there is no collision of a new list name with an already existing email
address or list. So, would it be "safe" for me to remove the list_check_smtp
from the sympa.conf file since the alias_manager wouldn't allow for the
creation of aliases for any new list create?

Thanks,
Chris

  • [sympa-users] list_check_smtp and creation of new lists, Chris Peck, 01/07/2014