en - RE: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Alexandre Hannud Abdo <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] anonymous list setup
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 01:43:37 +0000

I don't think this is quite possible.

What you *can* do is to set the list option to override the replay address
and sender address, so that all messages appear to come from the list. You
cannot (as far as I know) make it preserve the From name whilest replacing
the From email address.

You can use the strip headers option to remove many of the other headers that
give away information -- try it out a few times to see what you might like to
strip.

So, you can conceal the sender's address (strip Sender header an Reply-To,
and force From to be the list address), but you cannot preserve the sender's
name portion of the From header, not without making changes to the code, I
believe

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS