en - [sympa-users] bulkspool_table

  • From: Gordon Chung <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] bulkspool_table
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:01:00 +0100

Hi,

We upgraded to 6.1.17 a few months ago and last week I was alerted to the
size of the sympa mysql bulkspool table which was about 1.5GB. Looking at it
today, it has grown to 2.71GB. I don't know if this is normal or not.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation relating to the
bulkspool table on sympa.org but I've come across the sympa.conf parameter
"purge_tables_task" which is run by the task_manager.pl to remove entries in
the bulkspool_table that don't have any relationships to a packet in the
bulkmailer_table. Does someone know if I should be using this parameter and
how do I use it or is there something else that is wrong?

Regards
Gordon

Gordon Chung
Unix Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh
The King's Buildings
Mayfield Road
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ

address@concealed
0131 650 5005

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.