en - [sympa-users] Fwd: bulkspool_table

  • From: Gordon Chung <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Fwd: bulkspool_table
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:15:05 +0100

Hi,

Just an update from my last message, the bulkspool table is still growing and
is now 8.82GB in size and contains 139,926 entries. Using the message id from
one of the entries, I managed to track and find out that the message was
delivered. So it looks like entries are not expiring. Any help on how to
resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Gordon

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Gordon Chung <address@concealed>
> Subject: [sympa-users] bulkspool_table
> Date: 1 October 2013 11:01:00 BST
> To: address@concealed
>
> Hi,
>
> We upgraded to 6.1.17 a few months ago and last week I was alerted to the
> size of the sympa mysql bulkspool table which was about 1.5GB. Looking at
> it today, it has grown to 2.71GB. I don't know if this is normal or not.
>
> There doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation relating to the
> bulkspool table on sympa.org but I've come across the sympa.conf parameter
> "purge_tables_task" which is run by the task_manager.pl to remove entries
> in the bulkspool_table that don't have any relationships to a packet in the
> bulkmailer_table. Does someone know if I should be using this parameter and
> how do I use it or is there something else that is wrong?
>
> Regards
> Gordon
>
> Gordon Chung
> Unix Section
> Information Services
> University of Edinburgh
> The King's Buildings
> Mayfield Road
> Edinburgh EH9 3JZ
>
> address@concealed
> 0131 650 5005
>

> --

Gordon Chung
Unix Systems Support
IS Infrastructure
University of Edinburgh
Tel: 0131 650 5005
E-Mail: address@concealed

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.