en - RE: [sympa-users] notification for list requests

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] notification for list requests
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:54:39 +0000

I can understand that you need to have at least one guaranteed listmaster.

How about saying that it is still mandatory to have a static listmaster defintion, but that you can optionally have an external datasource defined in addition?

This way you don't need to restructure the initialisation (as you have the listmaster defined statically at startup) and you can process the external datasource after you've processed the config definitions, last thing before you fork and enter the normal processing loops.  Might make things simpler.

While we're filling the wishlist, I'd also add one for being able to define external datasources for list subscribers using the .incl datasource definitions that we use for list owner/editor external definitions.  This is because I can define LDAP or database credentials in the .incl file that are not visible to list owners, but they can nevertheless use them or define their own...  Maybe this is going a bit off-topic, though.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead