en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa Create List/ List Owner Questions

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa Create List/ List Owner Questions
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:35:10 +0000

> Firstly, is it possible to specify the list owner when Creating a List
> using
> the web interface? At the moment, the owner address is automatically
> parsed to
> the logged in person. In the create_list_request.tt2 file the lines :
>
> <strong>[%|loc%]Owner:[%END%]</strong>
>
> Can this be modified to allow entering of a list owner's email address?

If you create the list using a custom template, you should be able to set the
template's config.tt2 to have anything you want in the owner field.
Customise create_list_request.tt2 to add a new data entry field (we've done
this, but for a different reason) and then customise the config.tt2 in your
template to use this field rather than the 'owner' variable. Of course, this
would be open to abuse and so on...

> Also is it possible to have subscriptions confirmed by the list owner?
> Subscriptions would be submitted through the web interface &
> allowed/denied by the list owner.

Yes, of course. Just set the subscribe scenario appropriately. The 'owner'
subscription scenario is likely what you want, but far more complex ones can
be made -- for example, we have one that will let staff members subscribe
without approval if they are on campus or are using an S/MIME signature;
otherwise they need approval from owner or moderator. Other people are not
allowed to subscribe. You have very detailed control over if they are using
web or email to subscribe; where they are; how they authenticate; and so on -
take a look in the Sympa docco online under scenari.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: address@concealed
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail :
打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会