en - Re: [sympa-users] Would like basic owners to always be able to moderate messages

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Would like basic owners to always be able to moderate messages
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:26:50 +0200

Hi,

Le 10/04/13 04:07, Rynhart, Patrick a écrit :
address@concealed">Hello,

With Sympa 6 defaults, if a list does not have any moderators defined then "basic" (non-privileged) owners are able to moderate messages.  However, if a list does have moderators then the following message occurs (for basic owners):

"AUTHORIZATION REJECT (modindex): This action is restricted to moderators".

We would like our basic owners to always be able to moderate messages (i.e. even if moderators are defined, which does not necessarily include the basic owners).  Could someone please let me know how I can go about achieving this ?
This is possible only by redunding the owners in moderators. Anytime you define an owner, you set her as moderator, too.
If you want to automate things a little, you can define an "editor_include" parameter for each list (see: https://www.sympa.org/manual/parameters-definition#editor_include). The inclusion file would query the Sympa database to get the owners and make them editors; It could look like this (suppose the name of the include file is "owners_as_editors.incl":

include_sql_query
db_type <db_type>
host <db_hostname>
user <user_name>
passwd <user_password>
db_name sympa
sql_query SELECT DISTINCT user_admin FROM admin_table WHERE robot_admin LIKE 'listes.renater.fr' AND list_admin like '[% param.0 %]' AND role_admin LIKE 'owner'

the editor_include parameter in the list config would look like this:

editor_include
source owners_as_editors
reception mail
visibility noconceal
source_parameters <listname>

There is no way, at the moment, to use the list configuration in inclusions, but I think we should add this feature.

Regards,

David
address@concealed">
Thanks in advance,

Patrick

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Infrastructure pour les Services Informatiques

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER