en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and SAML

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and SAML
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:14:15 +0100

Hi,

On 03/14/2013 06:38 PM, Venkat R wrote:
Changing the subject line.

Does any one if Sympa supports SAML authentication in wwsympa/web
interface? I read some docs saying SAML is considered for the SOAP
interface, but not sure if it already implemented.

SAML can provide user profile too that includes the user email which is
needed for Sympa. With CAS it can auth but not get user email id, so
sympa relies on LDAP for it. But if Sympa supports SAML it can do auth
and also get user profile.

Any direction on it is appreciated.

It is documented here:
http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/authentication#setting_up_a_shibboleth-enabled_sympa_server

Shibboleth login (SSO: single sign on) works for me, it passes the email addresses just fine. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how to set up single logout (SLO) if some of your users use SAML login/logout, some regular login/logout. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd be interested to know.

Yours: Laszlo

Thanks,
Venkat