en - Re: [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 02:46:39 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:23:25 -0500
CSS <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Perhaps things have changed, but I've been running a patched Sympa to deal
> with the NDR issue created by the "recommended" Postfix setup.
>
> It all goes back to here:
>
> https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2011-09/msg00004.html
>
> In short, I don't want to create "wildcard" aliases that Postfix will
> accept and then later bounce. It was bad practice to do that 5-10 years
> ago, it's almost forbidden to do that these days if you want to be a good
> "netizen".
>
> Has anything changed in sympa in the past year or so that allows or
> automated Postfix alias config without the old wildcard method?
>
> I'm looking to upgrade, but I'm not looking forward to backporting
> patches...

Indeed, it is NOT nessessary for Sympa to use wildcard, if
alias_manager parameter is appropriately set. I won't use wildcard
because I worry about backscatters.

I suppose solution with transport_map discussed below is better.
It is useful even if the system supports only one domain.

http://www.sympa.org/faq/postfix

> Thanks,
>
> Charles

Thanks,