en - [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases

  • From: CSS <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:23:25 -0500

Hello all,

Perhaps things have changed, but I've been running a patched Sympa to deal
with the NDR issue created by the "recommended" Postfix setup.

It all goes back to here:

https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2011-09/msg00004.html

In short, I don't want to create "wildcard" aliases that Postfix will accept
and then later bounce. It was bad practice to do that 5-10 years ago, it's
almost forbidden to do that these days if you want to be a good "netizen".

Has anything changed in sympa in the past year or so that allows or automated
Postfix alias config without the old wildcard method?

I'm looking to upgrade, but I'm not looking forward to backporting patches...

Thanks,

Charles