en - Re: [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Current best practice, postfix list aliases
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:20:18 +0100

On 02/07/2013 04:23 AM, CSS wrote:
Hello all,

Perhaps things have changed, but I've been running a patched Sympa to deal with the NDR
issue created by the "recommended" Postfix setup.

It all goes back to here:

https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2011-09/msg00004.html

In short, I don't want to create "wildcard" aliases that Postfix will accept and then
later bounce. It was bad practice to do that 5-10 years ago, it's almost forbidden to do that
these days if you want to be a good "netizen".

Has anything changed in sympa in the past year or so that allows or automated
Postfix alias config without the old wildcard method?

I'm looking to upgrade, but I'm not looking forward to backporting patches...

Thanks,

Charles

Hi,

I had the same problem. However, I don't think you need to patch sympa for this. I run postfix with mysql support. It is relatively easy to change the script that sets up/deletes aliases to insert and delete the necessary rows in the mysql table. This way all you need is to set 'alias_manager' in /etc/sympa.conf to point to your customized script. This works fine for me.

Yours: Laszlo