en - RE: [sympa-users] do_search_list times out with large number of lists

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: k clair <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] do_search_list times out with large number of lists
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:39:19 +0000

> Riseup upgraded to sympa-6.1.15 which includes the database caching
> patch - yay!
>
> We found an issue with do_search_list, though -- this function was
> still regularly timing out for us, since it was still iterating over
> all lists.

We found the same on our system (6.1.14), too, since with 30,000+ lists the
search times out completely. I added the same patch to the appropriate
places (the search-by-category also needs to do this).

I believe it was omitted from the release because it uses RLIKE which is not
available in every database. However, I would think that it would be
preferable if the release code checked for use of MySQL and used the database
method if mysql and the slower code method otherwise...

We also have had to add a patch to allow use of ODBC database for external
datasources (which means you can use MSSQL), and another to have a second
param for subscriber name in LDAP and database external datasources.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: address@concealed
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail :
打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会