en - RE: [sympa-users] How to reload data sources per email interface?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] How to reload data sources per email interface?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:59:34 +0000

Let me add my vote for a recursive trigger mechanism for list-type external datasource refreshes.

As you say, if listA includes listB, then a refresh of the external datasources on listA should trigger a refresh of external datasources on listB, probably in line with the distributionTTL defined for listB.

Already, there are many things that trigger a list membership refresh:

1.       By task_manager, when the TTL expires

2.       By distribute, when a new message comes in for the list and distribution_TTL has expired

3.       By wwsympa, when the list admin visits the subscribers review page and distribution_TTL has expired,

4.       By wwsympa, when the list admin clicks the ‘refresh external datasources’ button in the UI.

I think if you add a recursive refresh as you mention, the important thing would be to honour the distribution_TTL of the child lists in order to prevent excessive work (we have lots of LDAP external datasources and have to be careful about this)

Steve

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email: address@concealed

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会