en - [sympa-users] new user.. looking for some validation..

  • From: "B. Cook" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] new user.. looking for some validation..
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:44:29 -0400

hello all,

I'm setting up sympa for the first time and running into some
situations where I am quite confused.

I need to support virtual domains. What I mean by that is,. I need
lists.domain.org and lists.domain.com as well as lists.domain.net and
lists.domain.edu and dozens more..

I also need to be able to have (possibly) the same groupname per
list.. say info.. so address@concealed and address@concealed..
etc..

All of which sympa seems to be able to do.

*I* however am finding that difficult to do..

I need valid A records as well as MX entries (if not the A record..)
for mail acceptance to occur.

I also need to make /etc/sympa/list_data/lists.domain.org and
/etc/sympa/list_data/lists.domain.com (etc..) (right?)

and in each of those folders I need to have at least a robot.conf with
the per domain definitions? As well as an httpd defined virtual host..
(right?)

and then will I manually have to edit the /var/lib/sympa/sympa_aliases
file to put in the correct virtual host information for each domain?
Or will that correctly populate when I have correctly setup the
virtual domains in sympa?

If this is not clear please let me know and I will try and clarify.

I'm looking for a generic guideline of what I need to be doing and
what I can expect if I do get everything right.. ;)

Thanks again in advance.