en - [sympa-users] "Could not put a read lock on the config file" when using sudo

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] "Could not put a read lock on the config file" when using sudo

Not only is Sympa broken with FastCGI on the latest Ubuntu, but it is
broken even in normal CGI mode when using the C wrapper: see this bug
report, http://bugs.debian.org/516164 (an old one, but the latest errors
are reported at the end of that thread): they are not fixed by the
recently-posted patches.[0] This will affect a lot of people once
Ubuntu 12.04 goes stable in a few days.

So I decided to try it by substituting the old sudo mechanism for the C
wrapper, and this worked better. At least now the web interface comes
up and I can log in. However, all my lists are gone. I am getting
these errors:

err List::_load_admin_file() Could not put a read lock on the config
file /var/lib/sympa/expl/telecoms/config
err Lock::_lock_file() Cannot open
/var/lib/sympa/expl/telecoms/config.lock: No such file or directory

This is odd, because those files are owned by Sympa, and sudo should be
authenticating me as sympa. Here is my sudoers file (I also tried
adding EXEC: but it didn't help):

www-data ALL = (sympa) SETENV: NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

wwsympa_sudo_wrapper.pl looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl
exec '/usr/bin/sudo', '-E', '-u', 'sympa',
'/usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi';

Any ideas or further suggestions? Thanks in advance.

[0] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.sympa.user/539 and
https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=7649&group_id=23&atid=167

PS. Sorry if this message is a duplicate, I didn't see it in the list archive
so I figure it was rejected.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, consumer advocate and geek

  • [sympa-users] "Could not put a read lock on the config file" when using sudo, jeremy, 08/16/2022