en - Re: [sympa-users] Only Listmasters get LDAP/SQL Options in "Data Sources Setup"

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Only Listmasters get LDAP/SQL Options in "Data Sources Setup"
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:34:30 +0100

Hi,

First: This is a normal behaviour. Most listmaster tend to take care with external data sources, as they can lead to numerous errors and abuses.
Second: If you want to allow listowners to edit data sources online, you need to tweak the edit_list.conf file: https://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/list-creation#list_editing

Regards,

David

Le 14/02/12 01:13, address@concealed a écrit :
I'm configuring a fresh installation of Sympa 6.1.7 on RHEL6 using these
binary packages: http://sympa-ja.org/download/rhel/5/. After install, and the
creation of a List, only Listmasters obtain options to configure external
data-sources. List Owners only get the following options:

* Notify subscribers when they are included from a data source?
* Timeout for fetch of include_sql_query
* Inclusions timeout for message distribution

i.e. Options such as these are missing:

* User data source (user_data_source) (default)
* Remote file inclusion (include_remote_file) (default)
* remote list inclusion (include_remote_sympa_list) (default)
* LDAP query inclusion (include_ldap_query) (default)

How can I configure our Sympa 6 environment so that List Owners get these
privileges too ?

Thanks,

Patrick