en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa as Groups Management Tool

  • From: "Dempsey, Steve AZ" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa as Groups Management Tool
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:16:41 -0700

Consider carefully what these groups will control before you
extend a mailing list for other purposes. Groups that manage
resources may have real costs or security concerns needing
more oversight than a list moderator can provide.

We usually go the other direction - use automation to derive
the mailing list members from a security group, or merge
(include) a security group with a static list so a few extra
members can participate in the list without obtaining the
higher privilege.

-Steve