en - [sympa-users] Postfix alias help

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Postfix alias help

Hello,

I'm having a tough time getting this setup properly for a non-profit I'm
working with.

I read up on Sympa's features and it looks like the right choice - it covers
three things they need - web-based posting, discussion lists, and announce
lists. And it covers things I need like a decent permissions system and
bounce processing.

After reading about the various Postfix integration methods, this one seemed
like it was the best in that it would not make me a backscatter source (the
other options for virtual setups do rejects after the message enters the queue
due to their greedy regex matching):

http://www.folly.org.uk/sympa/sympa_config_03.html

It's a nice setup, but the changes to Sympa since that was released left me
having to patch up Conf.pm, alias_manage.pl, and confdefs.pm.

This seems to work however - all my address@concealed mappings work,
those aliases are generated automatically by the patched alias manager. The
Conf.pm changes are working fine (set flags in each virthost robot.conf).

What I seem to be missing since I'm looking at so many Postfix tutorials, many
of which are now outdated, is how to handle my address@concealed mappings.
I can't find a decent reference for that. Below is my current postfix setup,
which seems to work, but I need to add a mapping manually for each host as
noted in the config.

Let's start with main.cf:

#
# SYMPA STUFF
#
transport_maps = regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport_sympa

# Set the concurrency for delivery to Sympa
sympalist_destination_recipient_limit = 1
symparequest_destination_recipient_limit = 1
sympaeditor_destination_recipient_limit = 1
sympasubscribe_destination_recipient_limit = 1
sympaunsubscribe_destination_recipient_limit = 1
sympabounce_destination_recipient_limit = 1

# Specify the virtual alias domain(s)
virtual_alias_domains = lists.hostcompanion.com,lists.o4onyc.org

# Specify the virtual alias file(s) - this is the only per virthost config
virtual_alias_maps = regexp:/usr/local/etc/sympa/postfix/
lists.hostcompanion.com,regexp:/usr/local/etc/sympa/postfix/lists.o4onyc.org

Then the transport maps:

# Transport map for Sympa virtual domain transports
/^.*\@sympalist$/ sympalist:
/^.*\@symparequest$/ symparequest:
/^.*\@sympaeditor$/ sympaeditor:
/^.*\@sympasubscribe$/ sympasubscribe:
/^.*\@sympaowner$/ sympabounce:

And master.cf:

# Sympa mailing list manager transports
sympalist unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/queue ${user}@${extension}
symparequest unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/queue ${user}-request@
${extension}
sympaeditor unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/queue ${user}-editor@
${extension}
sympasubscribe unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/queue ${user}-subscribe@
${extension}
sympaunsubscribe unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/queue ${user}-unsubscribe@
${extension}
sympabounce unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RF user=sympa argv=/usr/local/libexec/sympa/bouncequeue ${user}

And now the aliases that are autogenerated for one virthost:

## This virtual aliases file for domain lists.hostcompanion.com is dedicated
to Sympa Mailing List Manager
## You should edit your Postfix main.cf file to declare it
##
/^lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/ xxx
##

And finally, the hack that I stick in the top of that same file to handle the
bounces, posts, etc.:

# this seems to be necessary, probably belongs somewhere else
/^(sympa)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
$1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympalist.
/^(listmaster)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
$1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympalist.
/^(.*+owner\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
$1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympaowner.

I'm pretty lost here - any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles