en - Re: [sympa-users] Postfix alias help

  • From: Elwyn Davies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Postfix alias help
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:51:57 +0100

Hi, Charles.

I am glad you found my stuff useful!

As far as I can see, you are pretty much done.

You seem to think you have a problem here in that you have to paste this in
manually..

> > And finally, the hack that I stick in the top of that same file to handle
> > the
> > bounces, posts, etc.:
> >
> > # this seems to be necessary, probably belongs somewhere else
> > /^(sympa)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
> > $1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympalist.
> > /^(listmaster)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
> > $1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympalist.

Well you could do some extra stuff to generate this automatically with
the first instance of the list, but I didn't.

Its a once per virtual host operation, so I just left it for manual
config. I only really cared about making extra lists (I only had one
host to worry about so it wasn't a big deal). You will have to do it
for each virtual host.

This line is *NOT* required (and will probably screw things up)
/^(.*+owner\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
> > $1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympaowner.

The aliases already cope with address@concealed etc

One point which is not clear form your mail is that it is essential that
there are no extra newlines in the added lines.. if they are really like
this in the virtual host aliases file, then they won't work. You need
something like:
/^(root|postmaster)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
address@concealed
/^(sympa|listmaster)\@lists\.hostcompanion\.com$/
$1+lists.hostcompanion.com@sympalist.

where there is no newline after .com$/

BTW
If you are willing to send me the updated conf.pm etc files, I'll add
them to the description so that people can use them with the latest
version. I haven't had occasion to upversion my installation yet as it
does everything we needed (very simple requirements) and the password
improvement was not essential. For our purposes the shared documents
folders were really helpful!

Regards,
Elwyn Davies