en - Re: [sympa-users] How to turn off archiving

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to turn off archiving
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:14:45 +0200

Hi all,

Yes, removing the "web_archive" is the only solution to desativate the web archiving. we know very well that we should add a binary parameter "web_archive_feature" that would do exactly what you want. We can't add it right now because we are in the middle of large code modifications (spools in database, automatic upgrade for all the supported RDBMS, Sympa clusterization and other new exciting features) so we lack time for these short though usefull features.

Todo... Please add a feature request to the tracker so that we can add it in a coming development sprint.

Regards,

david

Le 25/05/11 17:54, Dan Pritts a écrit : I couldn't find this either when I went looking recently.

All you should need to do is modify the config file for the list, and remove the "web_archive" and "archive" stanzas.

It's not entirely clear whether "archive" is still used or not, it is marked "obsolete" in the sympa docs.  Certainly, I know that the old non-web archive is now just part of the web archive.

I can tell you that removing that stanza doesn't seem to hurt.

Then, run

sympa.pl --reload_list_config --address@concealed