en - Re: [sympa-users] How to turn off archiving

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Peter Polkinghorne <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to turn off archiving
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:54:49 -0400

I couldn't find this either when I went looking recently.

All you should need to do is modify the config file for the list, and remove the "web_archive" and "archive" stanzas.

It's not entirely clear whether "archive" is still used or not, it is marked "obsolete" in the sympa docs.  Certainly, I know that the old non-web archive is now just part of the web archive.

I can tell you that removing that stanza doesn't seem to hurt.

Then, run

sympa.pl --reload_list_config --address@concealed