en - Re: [sympa-users] Need to black list email address!

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Pat Allen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Need to black list email address!
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:24:43 -0400

I don't believe there's any function in sympa to do this.

There are myriad ways to do something like this before the mail gets into sympa, though.  exactly how would depend on your mail environment, and if you need help you're more likely to get it in a forum for that mail server than for sympa.

As a start, look in the alias file where sympa writes its alias.  you can insert your own program in a pipeline before the pipeline into sympa:

it probably looks something like this now:

lists-test-owner: " | /sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"

you could just as easily do:

lists-test-owner: "| /blacklist/program/here | /sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"

where your program would copy normal mail to stdout but would just exit if it matched the blocklist.

danno