en - [sympa-users] Trouble creating/deleting mailing lists

  • From: Xavier Bachelot <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Trouble creating/deleting mailing lists
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 23:51:34 +0200

Hi,

I have an issue with a brand new install of sympa 6.1.4 with sendmail as
the MTA. The aliaswrapper helper is properly installed with mode 4750,
owner root, group sympa and I can su - -m sympa and run both
alias_manager.pl add or alias_manager.pl del succesfully. However, from
the webinterface, sympa can run newaliases successfully on mailing list
deletion but not on mailing list creation. If I change aliaswrapper to
mode 4750, owner root, group apache, sympa can run newaliases
successfully on mailing list creation but not on mailing list deletion.
Indeed, if I change aliaswrapper to 4755, that always works. It's just
like the webinterface does not run as the same user depending on which
function is called (install_aliases or remove_aliases). Is there any
chance that wwsympa.fcgi drops its effective uid sympa privileges and
goes back to its real apache uid ?

Can anyone please help me debug this ?

Regards,
Xavier

  • [sympa-users] Trouble creating/deleting mailing lists, Xavier Bachelot, 05/17/2011