en - Re: [sympa-users] Possible to turn off list users' ability to delete postings?

  • From: "Ed C." <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Possible to turn off list users' ability to delete postings?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:11:55 -0500

Thanks, David. It looks like sympa-users itself is set up this way since
I can't, for example, delete my initial posting attached to the wrong
thread.
Would it be enough to find any copy of mhonarc-ressources.tt2 accessible
to the list owner, copy that to the list subdirectory, and then take out
the lines from that copy that enable deletion of one's own postings from
the list archive? From you description, I assume that Sympa would find
that .tt2 file first in the path hierarchy and act on it rather than on
the original in etc/ Anyway, if we follow that procedure and put it in
expl/listname, it can't have any untoward consequences, can it? I am a
little unnerved by that "Just a wild guess." How is the same thing
accomlplished on this list?

Ed