en - [sympa-users] Messages in /home/sympa/spool/msg/bad

  • From: Gordon Chung <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Messages in /home/sympa/spool/msg/bad
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:09:19 +0000

Hi,

Last Friday I failed over from the primary sympa server to the secondary one.
However, there was a glitch in the dns, which meant that on some machines,
the mailing lists service was pointing at the primary server instead of the
secondary. This has resulted in emails being queued on /home/sympa/spool/msg
on the primary server(sympa is switched off). I copied the messages over to
the secondary server but these messages ended up in /home/sympa/spool/msg/bad
and I can't figure out why. If I use the command "mv
/home/sympa/spool/msg/bad/<message> /home/sympa/spool/msg", after a second
or two, it is put back into the "bad" queue. I'm guessing that the message
was not sent and sympa, for whatever reason, is not happy with it.

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm hoping there is a simple solution.

Regards
Gordon

Gordon Chung
Unix Systems Support
IS Infrastructure
University of Edinburgh
Tel: 0131 650 5005
E-Mail: address@concealed

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.