en - RE: [sympa-users] Can't get Sympa to authenticate from LDAP

  • From: Peter Polkinghorne <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Can't get Sympa to authenticate from LDAP
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:29:48 +0000

I believe that this is because Sympa uses an Auth operation against LDAP, so
it is (in my limited understanding), up to the LDAP directory server to pick
the correct password to check on the authentication operation. My LDAP conf
in auth.conf file makes no mention of password fields. I have to say this
caused my some confusion when setting up, but is the way LDAP works.

--

Peter Polkinghorne
Computer Officer (Systems)