en - [sympa-users] Updating dynamic list owners

  • From: David Mayo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Updating dynamic list owners
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:35:36 +0000

We have been using lists based on LDAP groups for some time. We have a list template using an include_ldap_2level_query paragraph to pull the email addresses of the members of a given group[1] and we have an owner_include paragraph[2] which uses a data source which is itself an include_ldap_2level_query paragraph[3] to pull the email addresses of the owners of the group.

The members update fine every hour using a sync_include task, but the owners never update. The only way I can find to make Sympa notice a change of owner is to run "sympa.pl --reload_list_config --list=list@robot".

Searching around, I have found several references to sync_include_admin, which is what I think I need, but it does not appear to be a task that I can schedule.

Can someone suggest how I can automate the refresh of list owners.

We are running Sympa 5.3.2.

Regards,

Dave.

David Mayo
Networks/Systems Administrator
University of Bath Computing Services, UK

[1] ~sympa/etc/create_list_templates/2-attach-to-group/config.tt2
include_ldap_2level_query
host ldapserver.bath.ac.uk
port 389
use_ssl no
ssl_ciphers ALL
suffix1 ou=Group,dc=bath,dc=ac,dc=uk
filter1 (cn=[% listname %])
scope1 one
attrs1 member
select1 all
timeout1 30
suffix2 [attrs1]
filter2 (objectClass=person)
scope2 base
attrs2 mail
select2 first
timeout2 30

[2] ~sympa/etc/create_list_templates/2-attach-to-group/config.tt2
owner_include
source ldap-group-owner
source_parameters [% listname %]
profile privileged

[3] ~sympa/etc/data_sources/ldap-group-owner.incl
include_ldap_2level_query
host ldapserver.bath.ac.uk
port 389
use_ssl no
ssl_ciphers ALL
suffix1 ou=groups,dc=bath,dc=ac,dc=uk
filter1 (cn=[% param.0 %])
scope1 one
attrs1 owner
select1 all
timeout1 30
suffix2 [attrs1]
filter2 (objectClass=person)
scope2 base
attrs2 mail
select2 first
timeout2 30

  • [sympa-users] Updating dynamic list owners, David Mayo, 11/11/2010