en - Re: [sympa-users] Redundancy and Failover

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Redundancy and Failover
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:03:22 -0400

>> Archives are just static HTML so i would suggest you just periodically
>> rsync them from one server to the other.
> Sympa archive are not static html. They are tt2 templates that must be
> delivered by wwsympa.fcgi in order to be conform to what they must be. This
> is mainly because of access control which are performed by Sympa scenario
> but also inclusion of some tt2 vars for example for email encoding to
> prevent spam.
>
> In addition, users may remove messages from archive, so if you are using
> mirroring you must organize it in order to remove all copies of related
> message.

Sorry, you are of course correct

but still, i think a regular rsync would work fine. Am I missing something?
In the case where messages are deleted from the archive, there will be more
syncing to do, but this isn't probably a big deal. You'd of course need to
use --delete on rsync to catch that.

danno