en - Re: [sympa-users] [SOLVED] Can't subscribe to a list via email

  • From: Igor Pruchanskiy <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [SOLVED] Can't subscribe to a list via email
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:21:24 -0700

Hello Serge,

Thank you for the reply. I was able to trace and fix the problem.

I am running a split domain set up with 3 postfix boxes and Sympa on a completely different server,
so there is some funky address rewriting was going on. When i originally set it up, i overlooked couple of
things, so it came back and bit me in the a** just now...

Basically Thomas was right in his original reply, telling me that I do not have correct entries in alias file,
which i did, but they were never referenced because of my broken address rewriting.

I solved everything with virtual_regexp file on my mail servers that looks like this:

if !/listserver\.domain\.com$/
/^(.*)-owner\@(.*)$/ $2-$1-owner@listserver.domain.com
/^(.*)-editor\@(.*)$/
$2-$1-editor@listserver.domain.com
/^(.*)-request\@(.*)$/
$2-$1-request@listserver.domain.com
/^(.*)-bounces\@(.*)$/
$2-$1-bounces@listserver.domain.com
/^(.*)-subscribe\@(.*)$/
$2-$1-subscribe@listserver.domain.com
endif

This is a catch-all for all domains and all lists, so now mail for
address@concealed gets rewritten as address@concealed,
which Sympa understands.

if/endif has to be there to avoid crazy recursion because both sides of the rewrite rules match ^(.*)-something\@(.*)$
also, do not indent the lines between if/endif or they won't work :)

thanks for pointing me in right direction!

-i