en - Re: [sympa-users] Can't subscribe to a list via email

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Igor Pruchanskiy <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can't subscribe to a list via email
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:20:12 +0200

On 06/30/2010 01:14 AM, Thomas Berry wrote:
> Igor,
>
> It is possible that you do not have an email alias for
> testlist-subscribe@<domain.com> defined in your aliases file (sendmail
> = /etc/aliases).
>
> If that's the case, the you can only subscribe by sending an email to
> sympa@<domain.com> with the "Subject: subscribe testlist".
>
> Thomas
>
> Igor Pruchanskiy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having issues subscribing to mailing lists via email. As the
>> matter of fact, anything i send to any administrative address gets
>> immediately put in the "bad" bounce queue and i cant figure out why.
>> List subscription is enabled and anyone is allowed to subscribe but i
>> get nothing back. Not even a rejection notice.
>>
>> Jun 29 15:40:16 <servername> bounced[14380]: tools::save_to_bad()
>> Saving file /opt/sympa/spool/bounce/testlist-subscribe@<domain.com
>> <http://domain.com>>.1277851211.21285 to
>> /opt/sympa/spool/bounce/bad/testlist-subscribe@<domain.com
>> <http://domain.com>>.1277851211.21285
Hi the logs show that the subscribtion messages are stored into the
bounce spool. So they are threaded by bounced with is not the right
deamon for that. They should be stored into /opt/sympa/spool/msg . You
can verify this moving one of thoses messages from
/opt/sympa/spool/bounce/bad/... to the right spool.

It look like if you have a wrong alias definition that pipe messages to
bouncequeue program instead of queue programm.
domain.com <http://domain.com>-testlist-subscribe: "|
/opt/oec/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

I have seen your second mail showing your alias. So probably you have
wrong spool definition in /etc/sympa.conf

The best way to define spool in this file is to leave sympa default. You
shoukd just define the spool parameter :

spool /opt/sympa/spool

and remove other spool related parameters : queue, queuedigest,
queuemod, queueauth, queueoutgoing and queuebounce

Hope this help.
Serge Aumont