en - [sympa-users] Problem with Return-Path header

  • From: Peter Polkinghorne <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Problem with Return-Path header
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:22:26 +0100

We are using Sympa 6.0.3 on Exim4 on SLES. The issue I am having, is with bounce handling. As we are in the initial stages of deployment, I have set up a test list with a bad address for one subscriber.

The messages sent out on this list have items such as the List- headers set up correctly and Errors-To set listname-request, but the Return-Path header is set to sympa@site, instead of listname-request@site. I am unable to tell if this is Sympa’s fault of Exim’s, although the Exim set up is fairly simple, just forwarding onto the main Exim hubs for our site.

I have had a look at the code, and other than the VERP part, can not see much in the way of set up for Return-Path. Has anyone else had these problems or offer advice as to where to examine further?

--

Peter Polkinghorne

Computer Officer (Systems)

Computer Centre