en - RE: [sympa-users] wwwsympa compute load?

  • From: "Malcolm Waltz" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Miles Fidelman" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] wwwsympa compute load?
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:23:40 -0700

I've seen this behavior with Sympa 6.0 when used with older browsers
(FireFox 2.5 and possibly IE7). The issue I observed appeared to be a
client side problem (or probably a bug in the HTML/JavaScript), causing
the browser to get stuck in a loop requesting data from the server.
Closing the browser would temporarily resolve this issue.

I'm not sure if this was fixed in 6.0.1 or not. I'm also not sure if
this is the same issue you are experiencing. You may want to check your
http logs to see which browser versions are being used to access your
server.

-- Malcolm Waltz
Unix Systems Administrator III
Office of Information Technology