en - Re: [sympa-users] wwwsympa compute load?

  • From: Erik Olson <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] wwwsympa compute load?
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:00:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Miles Fidelman wrote:

After installing 6.0.1, I notice the wwwsympa processes seem to eat up a huge amount of CPU cycles. Restarting Apache brings my compute load back to a reasonable level. Then, after a few interactive sessions w/ the Sympa interface, I'm running 4 wwwsympa processes, and each one is eating up a quarter of the available cyles - pinning computer load at 100%

Is anybody else seeing this kind of behavior? Is any of this tunable?

I have seen a similar issue very occasionally on my system.
I think it's a nasty bug, but no idea how to diagnose it. It has something to do with authentication, because if the user in question who is bringing causing the wwwsympa process to spike clears their cookies on the browser (causing them to re-authenticate), it calms down and works. So far I've seen this two or three times since installing 6.0.1 last February.

Give it a try (clear cookies on your browser) and see if that fixes your problem as well.

--
Erik Olson
Sent from my crusty old Linux box