en - Re: [sympa-users] periodic member updates with source

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] periodic member updates with source
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:04:29 +0200

On 04/15/2010 06:56 PM, Thomas Berry wrote:
address@concealed">Sympa 6.0.1

I need to stop the periodic synchronization of members with the LDAP directory.

How do I do this with 6.x?

You can increase the TTL to a very high value, but if you want to stop the synchro and keep list members as subscribed, you will have to edit subscriber_table using your SQL engine.
  1. stop task_manager demon
  2. connect to database, select the appropriate records in subscriber_table
  3. set subscribed_subscriber to 1
  4. set included_subscriber to 0
  5. remove data source in list config
  6. restart task_manager demon
Other way to do it is to copy the subscriber list dump from web interface and paste it into the multiple add web form ;-) Sorry this rustic solution ;-) . We already have registered the need of a simple way to use an external source just to initialize the list members set. For sure, we will do it.

Serge