en - [sympa-users] Can listmember review and archive download capability be uncoupled?

  • From: "e.c." <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Can listmember review and archive download capability be uncoupled?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:08:59 -0500

Before our mailing list migrated from Listserv to Sympa, it was possible for every member to download a text file containing the subscriber names and email addresses from the serverĀ  (man.torun.pl) Now, since we don't want everyone to be able to download the entire archive (going back to 1996) we also have to cripple their ability to know the identity of those to whom they are writing. Can this inappropriate linking of two administrative functions in Sympa be fixed?

Ed

  • [sympa-users] Can listmember review and archive download capability be uncoupled?, e.c., 04/16/2010