en - Re: Re: [sympa-users] How to use my own login system

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Re: [sympa-users] How to use my own login system
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:55:01 +0100

Hi, that's me.

I have a server running diff apps, like Sympa, a CMS, a Wikipedia,... now
each app has its own login system, I want to use only one login for all the
apps, so once the users tries to login in Sympa (for example) he also gains
access to all the others apps in the server.

I am using Apache2::AuthCookie (perl) for this, creating a cookie that
should be shared by all the apps.

You can set AuthCookie to check the auth vs a lot of things, like just a
file, a DB, ... I choose to check the identity of the user versus Sympa, and
alone it is running OK.

Once the user provides his email and password, AuthCookie checks it vs Sympa
(using your SOAP interface), if he is good, the Cookie is created and the
user is allowed to access in.

So my idea is that for example the user wants to access Wikipedia, instead
of using wikipedia's form, I will provide mine, the user will provide email
and pass, AuthCookie will check it vs Sympa and the user will be allowed to
access wikipedia and with the same session (cookie) he can access Sympa too
without providing more information.

The first step is to replace Sympa's own login system with my AuthCookie,
and that is what I was trying with generic_sso