en - Re: [sympa-users] [Solved] bulk.pl dies

  • From: Robert Andersson <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [Solved] bulk.pl dies
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:13:54 +0100

Hello David,

we went to DBD::mysql version 4.013 from 3.0008_1. The latter had
problems with the longtext field, that's why only the bulk-mail daemon
died when executing the bulkspool_table query.

We are running Sympa on Solaris 9, but similar problems can be found
on linux

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=19453

I do hope my exercise can help others.

Thank you for a most excellent mailinglist handler, we have been using
it since 2001 on gslt.hum.gu.se. Last autumn I also argued for Sympa
functionality for our university's new site wide mailing list server.
They went for it, see listserv.gu.se, and we will probably migrate to
it during this spring. :)

yours,
/robert

--
ROBERT ANDERSSON, Systems Engineer
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology