en - Re: [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:50:16 +0100

Hi Matt,

Le 19/02/2010 17:39, Matt Adams a écrit :
Folks:

I noticed the following error while installing Sympa 6.0.1 on a RHEL5 server.
[snip/]

This looks like your first Sympa installation. The following wizard will assist you to create your first Sympa configuration.
/etc/sympa.conf file has been created
/etc/wwsympa.conf file has been created
/bin/sh: line 16: cd: /home/sympa6/etc/sympa: No such file or directory
Could you give us the full configure options you used? It looks like Sympa did not create the sysconfdir directory, which is weird.
Did you use the --enable-fhs=yes option?

I also note that Sympa wanted to install pieces of itself into /etc instead of /home/sympa6 as directed by the --prefix option. How do I correct this so that it does what I expect (e.g., follows the --prefix to the letter)?
Sympa wants to install its configuration files in the /etc directory.
If you don't want that, please set the "--with-confdir=/home/sympa6/etc" option to your call to configure.
For further reading regarding Sympa default directory locations, please read: https://www.sympa.org/manual/installing-sympa#compilation_and_installation

Regards,

David

Thanks,

Matt

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

  • Re: [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1, David Verdin, 03/04/2010