en - Re: [sympa-users] crazy slow web interface

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] crazy slow web interface
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:52:26 +0100

Hi,
Great to read that you solved your problem.
Indeed, Sympa needs to read lists configuration regularly. If the NFS server doesn't respond quick enough, it can be a problem.
However, you can use the binary configuration files. These bianry versions can be read quicker than the plain text versions. It improves the performances.

Another thing that will improve performance in the future is the moving of list config files to the database. we received a contribution that allows this feature. It will probably be a very good alternative to NFS.

I didn't heard of the SErveName directive problem. I added it to the Sympa FAQ about performances. It looks like a good opportunity to remind you of this page URL: https://www.sympa.org/faq/performances

Regards,

David