en - Re: [sympa-users] Help with configuration -- incorrect From address

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Help with configuration -- incorrect From address
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:04:04 +0100

On 02/23/2010 08:46 PM, Liam Kirsher wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I'm running Sympa v. 5.3.4. and Sendmail 8.13.8.
>
> There is something slightly wrong with my configuration, and I'm not
> quite sure where to fix it.
>
> When users respond to the unsubscribe address, the confirmation email
> they receive in return has the correct unsubscribe info in the body of
> the message. However, they cannot *reply* to the message (as is
> suggested) because the From field is set to the canonical name of the
> server.
>
> For example, the correct email address would be
>
> address@concealed
>
> But the message is currently actually From
>
> address@concealed
>
> So, the user is unable to unsubscribe using Reply, which causes some
> confusion.
>
> Where do I need to set this so it uses the guestvirtualdomain.org
> address as the From, rather than the canonical name?

The first think to do is to be sure that sendmail is not rewriting a
correct adress. You should try :

/usr/sbin/sendmail address@concealed -f
address@concealed" . This should be received with the
correct From:

If not the problem is probably in Sendmail config.
Else it's a Sympa config issue. Check "email" and "host" parameter in
the ~sympa/etc/lists.guestvirtualdomain.org/robot.conf

email sympa
host lists.guestvirtualdomain.org

Serge