en - Re: [sympa-users] Set "nomail" for all new subscribers

  • From: Mark Sallee <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Set "nomail" for all new subscribers
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:40:43 -0700

On 2/18/10 3:52 AM, Koshokin, Alexey wrote:
> Hello sympa gurus!
>
> We want our all new subscribers to get "nomail" subscription option until
> they login to the Web and setup all needed topics.
>
> Unfortunately every time when lone "nomail" is selected, "mail" is added
> automatically. The result is that new subscribers are added with "mail".
>
> Is there a way to set "nomail" to all new in the list?
>
> --
> Alexey Koshokin
> IT://EUEC CS&S Team engineer
> INET: 8-312-2024
> Mobile: +7-951-9028156

> Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
> Registered legal address: Krylatsky Hills Business Park,
> 17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
> Russian Federation

You should be able to configure the initial reception mode in the config
file for the "create new list" default template.

default_user_options
reception nomail
visibility noconceal

The config file for individual lists is located under
/home/sympa/expl/listname/config.
The config file for the default template for discussion_list, for
example, is under
/home/sympa/bin/etc/create_list_templates/discussion_list/config.tt2

We did a similar thing for 'urlize' and that has worked well as the
starting default.

Mark Sallee