en - [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1

  • From: Matt Adams <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:39:30 -0700

Folks:

I noticed the following error while installing Sympa 6.0.1 on a RHEL5 server.

I don't know how serious the error is, yet.

I did

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/sympa6
$ make
$ make install

The relevant portion of the make install output is:

This looks like your first Sympa installation. The following wizard will assist you to create your first Sympa configuration.
/etc/sympa.conf file has been created
/etc/wwsympa.conf file has been created
/bin/sh: line 16: cd: /home/sympa6/etc/sympa: No such file or directory

I also note that Sympa wanted to install pieces of itself into /etc instead of /home/sympa6 as directed by the --prefix option. How do I correct this so that it does what I expect (e.g., follows the --prefix to the letter)?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Development & Network Services, Cypress Interactive

  • [sympa-users] Noticed error while installing sympa 6.0.1, Matt Adams, 02/19/2010