en - Re: [sympa-users] Complete Sympa/Postfix integration with automated

  • From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: David Verdin <address@concealed>, Christian Dahlhausen <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Complete Sympa/Postfix integration with automated
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:25:12 -0800

On 1/27/10 1:27 AM, Serge Aumont wrote:
address@concealed"> You just need to configure how Sympa interact with teh MTA (mainly for aliases management).

That's a bit simplistic.  Since the MTAs do manage their aliases (and virtual aliases, if those are different) differently, automated alias management does require MTA-specific code, and I'm talking about having that work correctly and completely out-of-the-box.

address@concealed">At the same time we do add into Sympa main stream any contribs that verify the following properties :
  • provide a general interest
  • is part of the mailing list server (examlpe the dokuwiki integration made by us is availible as a contrib not in the main distrib)
  • is submitted with enough quality (code + doc)
Contribs integration require a lot of man power and sometime this is a problem. We do our best because Symap is really a opensource project.

Yes, I understand - I've worked for several companies that drive open source projects.