en - Re: [sympa-users] Complete Sympa/Postfix integration with automated

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: David Verdin <address@concealed>, Christian Dahlhausen <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Complete Sympa/Postfix integration with automated
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:27:32 +0100

Hi

On 27/01/10 01:29, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
address@concealed">My other point, though, is this: once integration working code is contributed and observed to work in the wild, many other open source projects accept that code into the mainstream, knowing that it will be tested in the normal release process.  I'd think you'd do the same with MTA integrations.
There is not any line of perl code dedicated to any specific MTA in Sympa. Sympa has not any MTA preference. You can use qmail, sendmail, exim or postfix as you want without pach. You just need to configure how Sympa interact with teh MTA (mainly for aliases management). May be you could have a different perception about it because of the message submission program parameter which is called "sendmail" (sympa.conf) . I agree this parameter name should be different.

At the same time we do add into Sympa main stream any contribs that verify the following properties :
  • provide a general interest
  • is part of the mailing list server (examlpe the dokuwiki integration made by us is availible as a contrib not in the main distrib)
  • is submitted with enough quality (code + doc)
Contribs integration require a lot of man power and sometime this is a problem. We do our best because Symap is really a opensource project.

Serge