en - Re: [sympa-users] How do I re-open a closed list?

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How do I re-open a closed list?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:57:13 -0800

A user inadvertently closed his list. In trying to re-open it, I copied
the previous config file (config.0) to config.
However, I also need to reload the subscriber data. It is there,
conveniently, in subscribers.closed.dump.

You don't want to be doing any of that at all -- you want to just use the Restore List function from the Sympa Admin page, under Closed Lists, and it does it all for you. (Pardon me if some of my labels are incorrect, my interface is highly customized and I have no idea what the default names of anything are anymore. :))

adam