en - Re: [sympa-users] Multiple mail copies

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Multiple mail copies
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:06:27 +0200

Dear Muhammed,

Am Donnerstag, den 27.08.2009, 18:33 -0700 schrieb Muhammed Sameer:

[…]

> An annoying problem that our users are facing is that when one mail is
> sent to 5 lists and if there is a user who is subscribed on all the 5
> mailing lists, then he ends up getting 5 copies of the same mail
>
> Is there a way how I can avoid this.

I do not know of such an option.

The following works for me, I think. Create lists for groups and include
those in lists for certain topics.

### Groups ###

address@concealed (k)
address@concealed (t)

### Topics ###

address@concealed (include k)
address@concealed (include t)
address@concealed (include k and t)

If you now send a message to teletubbis and some-series-for-both-groups
I believe they only receive one copy of the message.

But you probably use LDAP or a database to populate the lists, so this
might not be feasible for you.

I hope someone else has a better idea.

Bests,

Paul